Why is it important to invest in Spanish content?
The verdict of history is that success in business is simple: if you’re in the right place at the right time, you succeed. And if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, you fail, no matter how hard you try. That’s why consumer trends are vital to business. They point you towards the right place and the right time. – Silverter.com
- The numbers resulting from studies on Spanish-speaking individuals, their use of the internet, and their buying power in the world are not easy to ignore.
- The Spanish broadcast stations in major metropolitan cities in the U.S. captivate a greater audience and capture better ratings than the other 4 major networks combined.
- Spanish is one of the top 3 most languages in DEMAND on the internet worldwide.
- The buying power of Spanish-speaking individuals (Hispanic and Latin American) is in the hundreds of billions. See Google search results
- By keeping your content and advertising efforts in only ONE language only, you are not reaching hundreds of millions of potential customers in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, and around the world.
- Using a conservative estimate of 500 million, and assuming only 1% of them hear about you (5 mil.), and from that, 10% (500K) may have interest in you, and only 10% of them may actually inquire about you (50K), and only 10% of them actually like what you have to offer and call you or contact you, that is 5000 potential clients. From those, only 10% buy, which is 500 potential sales, plus all their friends and families who will have your product or service recommended to them.
Hispanic Population – Fastest Growing Minority in the US
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Hispanics now comprise over 30% of the population in Texas and California and are the fastest-growing minority in the U.S.. Simplicity dictates people would rather speak and read in their native language when possible. Therefore, to be in the right place at the right time, mainstream businesses must use Spanish to reach this growing population.
The U.S. Hispanic market is experiencing incredible growth:
- Hispanics are the largest minority group in the nation.
- They are 60.6 million strong, representing 18.5% of the total U.S. population.
- They currently have a spending power of over $1 trillion.
Hispanics are extremely media savvy and are embracing the web, social media, and mobile technology at an increasingly rapid rate
- They are more likely to buy the latest phones, upgrade them, and use their special features.
- 95% of US Hispanic Adults regularly use the internet in 2021, according to statista.com.
- Hispanics and Latinos are the heaviest users of the web via their cell phones. (Orci)
- Nearly 80% of Latinos engage in some type of social media, according to statista.com.
In Latin America, over 427 million people log on every day, connecting to portals, social networking sites, shopping, and seeking out educational opportunities
- Latin Americans are the world’s leaders in social networking, spending an average of 375 minutes per user per month on social networking sites. North Americans spend 249 minutes per user per month.
- Latin Americans top the global online time chart for online usage at 28.6 hours a month. Compare with the 40worldwide average of 25.7 hours.
- As of January 2020, Brazil had the largest online population in Latin America with 150 million unique users. Mexico comes in second with 92.01 million, followed by Argentina with 36.32 and Colombia with 34.73 million users.
- Many Latin Americans are using mobile devices to access the internet. Mobile penetration in Latin America and the Caribbean was over 70% in 2020, well above the world average of 48.33%. With 440 million people owning a mobile phone in 2020, Latin America and the Caribbean hold approximately 8% of the world’s 5.27 billion mobile subscribers.